A social worker is on-site to assist families involved with Project Launch Newton. Additional support is available through Project Self-Sufficiency of Sussex County,a non-profit organization specializing in services for low-income families in the New Jersey counties of Sussex, Warren and Hunterdon. The agency helps families in need to become economically self-sufficient, while assisting them with programs to support family stability.
Some of the services available to Project Launch Newton families include:
- Computer classes;
- Career guidance, testing, assessment, training and certification programs;
- Parenting skills courses in English and Spanish;
- Legal assistance and education;
- Counseling, case management, referral and advocacy;
- Help with emergency basic needs;
- Home visitation;
- Health and wellness support;
- Support groups and life skills classes;
- Activities for families, teens and children.
Fun family activities are offered frequently through Project Launch Newton, including monthly Family Fun Nights at both the Merriam Avenue School and Halsted Middle School. Parents and children gather for dinner and a presentation about recent program activities.
For information about the programs and services available at Project Launch Newton, or at Project Self-Sufficiency, call 973-940-3500.